When colton finally got the call on Tuesday, I had his stuff from Garrette and Amy's packed and I headed from Cathlamete on a mission; to begin ripping stuff out and a little cleaning too.
When colton got to the house I had everything unloaded and the main areas we'd be using cleaned. Our "campsite" was set-up in the den and work was going to begin the next morning. I had the worst sleep of my life that night...... I got so stuffy and chest congested that I felt like I couldn't breath. The house smelled like smoke really bad and I think I had some major allergies.
With a lack of sleep I made colton's lunch, coffee and told him I was ripping out ALL the molding that day. He left for work and I began a major adrenaline rush.....I had everything ripped out by the time he pulled in.
Thursday, I ripped out all 5 types of carpet and started on the carpet tack edging and all the staples.
Even after a long day of work Colton would come home and scrap popcorn ceiling (every room but kitchen, bathrooms, and den).
By the weekend he had all the ceilings scraped and I had all the staples out. We were ready to start retexturing the ceilings.
Deb (colton's mom) came up for the night on Saturday to help me with some yard work while colton retextured the whole house. Then on Sunday Sherry (my mum) and Jim (my stepdad) came up. Sunday the girls busted out the KILZ in the whole house while Jim and Colton worked on moving the water heater to the garage.
scraping popcorn ceiling
This picture of dirt is soooo disgusting. This is the pile of dirt I swept up from JUST the living room after removing the carpet and carpet pad. To everyone that has carpet in their main living spaces.....this is whats lurking underneath. As the clean freak I am this completely grossed me out. I was glad colton and I decided to put in wood flooring but even if we hadn't this definitely convinced me.
retexturing
Colton did awesome busting out all the texturing in one day. We rented the texture gun from home depot and it was super handy. If you look closely colton has white lipstick on from the sprayer :-) he was covered in it




No comments:
Post a Comment