Lover's Sunset

Lover's Sunset

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mov'in Right Along

Last weekend we decided to make the best of our last few days of sun. I, once again was up before 6:30am both days bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. After finally getting Colton to roll out of bed Saturday, we got pretty gung hoe on the wood shed.


Nailing down the last few cross pieces

The roof!
We got the wood shed finished and we already had enough wood stored up for about 3 ricks (this is the term Colton used not quite sure)

Then after some hard work we got cleaned up and headed to Sauvie Island to do some farm hopping. I think we were a little early cause it was transition season between heavy harvest and pumpkin-pickers. We did come home with 12 ears of corn that we u-picked and some good produce. Then we headed to NW 23rd (one of my favorite streets to just hang out on) for a slice of pizza and super good dessert at Papa Haydens. Ladies every girl needs to go here for some awesome sweetness

Sunday we headed to Walmart for some canning supplies since we got Grandma's pickle recipe and on our way Colton decided to show me another farm stand that "he kept forgetting to tell me about". I was so mad at him for not showing me it earlier because it was local produce close to our house and super cheap. I can't believe I missed out on this place all summer!! Well good thing we hadn't got our canning supplies first....we decided to make another family call to Deb for the secret family salsa recipe.

By the end of Sunday we had canned 11 jars of pickles and 23 jars of cooked salsa. We were beat but super excited about all our treats. Every ones trying to get the salsa recipe now and Libby's dieing for some pickles. Guess we'll just have to do a little Indian trading :-)

Our progress on the floor is going really good. We are finally in the hallway and it looks awesome!! Every time we open a new box Colton ooooossss and awwwwsssss over the different wood colors. Something about these Cooley boys gets them all excited inside for wood I swear sap runs through them instead of blood :)


Kimber really likes it


These will be sooo tasty I can feel it

This salsa is heavenly. I guess I'm really Cooley now since I know the recipe


I hope everyone is enjoying the leaves falling and all the different fall colors. This is probably my favorite time of year. Every things is really pretty; you still get a touch of sunny weather with a few cozy cuddle days when its raining. Just enough of both.

luvs CRK

No comments:

Post a Comment