Lover's Sunset

Lover's Sunset

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cabinets on the way!!

Well we haven't been very busy with any of our projects. We've definitely been working a bunch but I haven't posted lately because I didn't feel like any of the pictures were very exciting :) We've been hanging pretty low around the house and still taking some time to relax and enjoy some of the last bit of nice weather. I woke up this morning and it felt like fall so we are trying to soak up every bit of sun shine left.

Colton and Jim did get all the can lights in the ceiling and the wiring for the bar lights is ready to go. I just need to pick out some lights to hook up but my decision making is not very good. As you can see we also got all the sheet rock in and colton got the taping and puddy up. Now the sucky parts start........sanding it all down in order to texture the walls. I'm not looking forward to that as it gets everything super dusty and just makes a huge mess. I think we are going to save that for next weekend though so I can have all the windows open.






Here is also a sneak peak of what are final kitchen will look like. We are ordering the cabinets tomorrow and they should be here in about 3 weeks!! So crazy that within the next month we will have a huge chunk of the wood floor in and the kitchen installed. I'm so excited to get new plates and all the fun kitchen gadgets. Colton says some of it I have to wait for wedding presents.....major bummer!




 These pictures really made us super excited and put a real perspective on everything coming together. I never thought I'd see the end in sight but I'm starting to see a little blurr where there just might be an end :)

Last weekend we also ventured down to "old" home sweet. I got dropped off at Libby's and colton headed to Adams for some much needed boy time. It was the first weekend of bow season and Adam was pretty "jones-ing" since this was his first time. I think its so cute how these boys get all twitter paited over a little elk or deer smell. I also got some major girl time in with the cutest girl in the world and much needed sister chatting. We ended the weekend with a bang with a small baby shower for Libby at the "Our Daily Bread" in Venita. The food is sooo good and if you haven't been you better make a reservation for there Sunday brunch. After some good food we stopped for pedicures and then back to realty of driving home.

I sure had fun hanging with my sisters and chatting about wedding stuff. I was telling Colton that it hasn't really set in that I'm suppose to be planning a wedding but after last weekend I'm getting really excited about it. Though the only things I've bought are bright orange napkins from target and bright magenta purple napkins from ikea my two best friends helped get me straightened out with some super good ideas. I think I might have the SPOT picked out and where to get the flowers. I might even have a photographer...I have to ask if she'll do it first.

Anyway enjoy the pics and the last bits of sun. Before we all know it will be parading in the pumpkin patches with our hats and scarvess :)





No comments:

Post a Comment