Lover's Sunset

Lover's Sunset

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Its been awhile.....

I was getting ready for this post tonight by uploading pictures of some house projects, when I saw some pictures from labor day. Gosh I'm bad at updating this thing. I feel like I'm overwhelming people with my posts because there so long and full of some much stuff. 

Well I guess I haven't updated since labor day weekend. A much needed long weekend was spent with two of our favorite friends, Garrette and Amy. The four of us did a small road trip to Coos Bay venturing to Garrettes neck of the woods. He grew up in Coos Bay and his super great parents welcomed us to stay the weekend with them. His mom Cindy fed us some really great food and did a awesome job hosting. Garrettes dad Randy is a whole other story :) Everyone needs to meet a guy like him! Super crazy, super funny and just a really great guy ( I see where Garrette gets it from) he took us fishing on Saturday and crabbing on Sunday even though I broke a fishing pole. Every body gave me such a hard time about it but I blamed the boys for not listening that something was happening to the pole then.......SNAP it broke right in half!!

Come to find out it was a $10.00 pole Randy picked up at a garage sale.....  The boys limited out on fish by 10:00am and when Amy and I joined them in the afternoon there was no bites; luckily we brought lunch. Sunday was filled with lots a crabbing even though it was a little over cast. We had a bomb fire on the beach and cooked some fresh caught crab. With everyone that was in the group we had 7 crab tags and a minimum of 12 crab per tag.........and we LIMITED OUT :)


Some how we had beautiful weather in Coos Bay

A few of the 7 fish we brought home


After we got back from fishing and shared fish and crab with everyone in Sweet Home, we still had 3 huge fish. We froze some, smoked some, and even canned some. Garrette and Amy came over later that week and had a mini canning party. It was my first canning experience at the house and in my new caner from Deb last Christmas.

Now we have been working like crazy to get things ready for our cabinets. We've had about a 5 week window from ordering them to receiving them. With about 1 1/2 weeks left we seem to be on track surprisingly. We got the kitchen completely ready for the cabinets including, sheet rock, puddy, sanding, texturing and painting (may need one more coat). We also got all the can lights done with trim pieces in. Now a major project is underway..........the flooring. Before we started though there was some rotten boards in the front door we replaced so when we put in a new door we don't mess up the floor.

Sneaking a picture of my hard worker

Great I got caught....how does he always know?

major painting took place on Sunday. I even painted the ceilings again cause I thought they were too streaky

So nice :)

Some boxes of flooring moved in

And its started!!



We definitely have a long ways to go but its super exciting for us to finally be at this point of remodel. I'm so anxious to see the final product.

I also have another surprise for you all but you'll have to wait to the next post. Lets just say we needed some major man muscles and a lot of action packed sweaty grunting :-)

1 comment:

  1. looking good kids ,it getting soooooo close, cant wait to see cabnets and kitchen complete. love ya cant wait for the next work weekend!!

    ReplyDelete