Lover's Sunset

Lover's Sunset

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Remodel Update

Well we have been busy little beavers working on the house. Colton has been surprising me a lot lately with how much work he's getting done to get the bathroom finished. Wednesdays and Fridays I work late so I've been coming home to him laying the bathroom floor, grouting and other big projects. Also we finished another side project a couple weekends ago, in the midst of waiting for things to dry in the bathroom. We got all the walls in the den puttied its ready to texture and paint but we need to finish the ceiling so we can do all the texture at once. It would be sooooo nice to have the den finished for our shower weekend, but the biggest project in here is re-tiling the wood stove. We want to take the wood stove out and raise it up with a small bench around it and lay gray bricks to the ceiling - so kind of a big deal :)

The den in shambles

This is what I came home to a 2 weeks ago!

Yup, I can do tiling to :) We laid all the shower tile last weekend

This innocent by-stander always wants to be in the middle of everything; pretty much standing right next to you the whole time. Laying tile this gets kind of frustrating so I finally moved her bed here hoping she'd stay out of the way. I think she liked it cause she stayed here the whole time!

 Looking good

Shower is complete!

Though we've done a lot more than this; like putting the sink, toilet and even hanging the new shower curtain, we still have a few details to finish. It's so nice to know that we have a working second bathroom now!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looking great!!! We need to tap in to your guys great motivation and hard work :) Do you have any to spare? Haha! Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the two of you are doing a great job, cant wait till we can come up and see it all, love ya mombo

    ReplyDelete