Lover's Sunset

Lover's Sunset

Monday, July 18, 2011

A Little Bit of Yard Work

Last week my sister Sarah came up for some much needed yard work. Also from the engagement party her and Libby got us some really great plants. So here's some of the major work we did......

Front flower bed we added the front row and back rows
 This flower bed next to the driveway really needed to be cleaned up. I had transplanted the big bushes earlier but the grass was really over grown. After digging it up we found the first 2-3 feet of cottage stone under neath. Then we got some fresh dirt and filled that in too.
 Just a little clean up here


Thursday Sas and I were almost done at 8:30pm when Colton decided he wanted to take us on a drive. The road we live on is a dead end to his companies property....... but we have a key!! We saw some elk and the fox glove were in full bloom. It was so pretty, everywhere you looked there was fields of fox glove. So of course we dug some up and now there planted in the flower bed by the driveway. Instant satisfaction....perfect!! Thanks Sas for all you hard work

After Sas and I both worked our buns off in the yard, Friday we woke up early to go to Portland. She had a farm dinner in North Portland on Saturday that she needed to set-up for. I decided to tag along for fun......it ended up being a lot more hard work then fun :-). I really liked seeing the farm and meeting the farmers though. Its called Wealth Underground (check out their blog its really good) and three single dudes live together and work/live off the farm. As Sas pointed out " its awesome what these boys got going - because three girls could never cooperate long enough to do it". Though I didn't work on Saturday with her at the dinner, in August and September there are 4 other dinners Colton and I are helping out at. He's going to wash dishes and I'm going to serve dinner. Should be super fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment