Lover's Sunset
Monday, March 4, 2013
Too Young
On September 29th, 2012..... only 6 months ago; I married my best friend. We've been together for 6 years and everyday I can't wait believe its been that long. It seems like yesterday that "shy" boy and I were ordering "Royal's" at Red Robin.
Life has definitely changed since then. We graduated college, moved to Kalama and bought our first house, got married and now my husband, at the age of 25, has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
One month ago Colton went to the doctors to have what he thought was a swollen lymph node checked out. From there he had a CT Scan, had a small surgery for a larger biopsy and next thing we knew we had an appointment for the oncologist to start chemo. Two weeks and our world got flipped upside down.
I still can't believe it when I have to tell people... "my husband has cancer". I don't know if it will ever get easier. He has his second treatment Thursday, and hopefully these next 6 months will fly by.
If it weren't for our close friends and our family, I don't know where we'd be. Thank you to everyone for the love and support. If anything this will just be another hiccup in our path that will make as stronger, closer and feel more love for each other than before.
Luvs
C.R.K.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

rachel and colton i know in my heart this will only make you both stronger and your love will grow, iam here always by your side if you need anything i'll be there, love you both abunch always!!XOXOXOXOxo mombo
ReplyDelete