Lover's Sunset

Lover's Sunset

Monday, February 13, 2012

A Little Funny Something

So I've started helping out as a volunteer with 4H doing after school programs. On Mondays I help teach cooking classes in Kalama and Tuesdays I've been assisting this "dude" teach nutrition. Tuesdays is pretty comical :) Since my first two experiences weren't good (example: when one kid said the fruit he was holding up was a tangerine, he said "nope". The next kid said it was an orange, he said "yes". I had to speak up because yes it was a tangerine; he's response was "guess you learn something new everyday. I thought it was a baby orange") YES this really happened I couldn't make something this hilarious up.

Anyway I was asked if I wanted to help out with a new after school sewing program. I thought it would be fun, but I wasn't sure if I should be helping kids sew when I don't even know how to thread my own sewing machine. So I signed up for an ADULTS beginner sewing class. It started last Tuesday and here's the results of my first project..........

A basket liner. everyone needs to know how to do these :)


I've been pretty stoked about my accomplishment as this is a pretty big deal for me. No class this week, but next Tuesday we're making pajama pants!


Well here's some ants for your pants................ we had our ENGAGEMENT session last Saturday!!! So some funny, silly, lovey-dovey pictures are being edited as we speak :)

1 comment:

  1. good job rachel, really cute!! cant wait to see the cute pictures of the love birds, she sounded fun!!mombo

    ReplyDelete